Jose Gomez Villalobos, MD, MS
Jose L. Gomez-Villalobos, MD, MS, works to connect patients with state-of-the-art resources for asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). He shares with his patients that there are an increasing number of resources to help them control their disease and improve their lives. “We have have established a program to improve our understanding of the disease and help develop novel therapies to decrease the time from discovery to treatment,” he says.
An assistant professor of medicine (pulmonary) at Yale School of Medicine, Dr. Gomez-Villalobos also studies the biological mechanisms behind secondhand smoke and severe asthma.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine (Pulmonary)
Education & Training
- MSYale University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (2012)
- FellowYale University School of Medicine (2012)
- ResidencyHospital of Saint Raphael, New Haven, CT (2007)
- Graduate Teaching AssistantPontificia Universidad Javeriana (1999)
- MDPontificia Universidad Javeriana (1999)