Jeffrey Weinreb, MD, FACR, FISMRM, FSABI
Jeffrey Weinreb, MD, is a radiologist and biomedical imaging specialist who diagnoses a variety of conditions related to the abdomen, liver, pancreas, and prostate through computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) tests. He specializes in diagnosing prostate and liver cancer.
“One of the best parts of my job is telling patients that a condition that was previously diagnosed as cancerous is actually benign,” Dr. Weinreb says.
With more than three decades of experience, Dr. Weinreb works closely with radiology team members to make sure that patients’ scans are tailored to answer questions about the type, location, size, spread, and complications of their cancer.
“I always reassure patients that they are in good hands,” he says.
Dr. Weinreb is involved in prostate and liver cancer research to ensure that his team provides the best care possible with the latest available treatments.
He is chief of the MRI service at Yale New Haven Hospital.
- Professor of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging
- Director, MRI Services
- Chief, MRI Service
Education & Training
- FellowHospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA (1983)
- Chief ResidentLong Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY (1982)
- ResidentLong Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY (1981)
- InternLong Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY (1979)
- MDMount Sinai School of Medicine (1978)