Hossam Tantawy, MBChB
Dr. Hossam Tantawy is the Associate Director of Critical Care Medicine and the Associate Director of the ICU Fellowship at the Yale University School of Medicine. He received his medical training from Alexandria University in Egypt before completing a residency in Anesthesiology at Yale New Haven Hospital. Subsequently, Dr. Tantawy went on to complete both a Critical Care fellowship and a Cardiac Anesthesia fellowship at Yale, where he joined the faculty as Assistant Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology in 2004. Dr. Tantawy is dual board certified in Critical Care Medicine and Perioperative Trans-Esophageal Echocardiography (TEE).
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology
Education & Training
- FellowYale University School of Medicine (2004)
- ResidentYale-New Haven Hospital (2003)
- InternAlexandria Main University Hospital (1996)
- MBChBAlexandria University (1994)