Gary Soffer, MD, FAAP
Gary Soffer, MD, is an allergist-immunologist who treats food and environmental allergies, asthma, hay fever, and eczema in children and adults.
Within the Integrative Medicine program at Smilow Cancer Hospital, Dr. Soffer provides cancer patients and survivors complementary therapies that complement, but do not replace, their standard cancer treatments. The program offers mind-body interventions, massage, and guidance on the safe use of herbal and dietary supplements.
“Allergy and integrative medicine are both areas that require the doctor to look at the whole patient and not just a single organ or disease,” he says. “My specialties allow me to get to know my patients and build long-lasting relationships.”
Any diagnosis can be difficult to navigate, he says. “I love working with my patients and their families to help guide them along their health journey.”
“My favorite part of the job is being with my amazing patients,” he says. “Whether this is seeing kids with food allergies, or adults with cancer, each patient has contributed to my life in a meaningful way.”
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics
- Director, Integrative Medicine Progam
Education & Training
- FellowAlbert Einstein College of Medicine/Children's Hospital at Montefiore (2017)
- ResidentAlbert Einstein College of Medicine - Children's Hospital at Montefiore (2016)
- MDSackler School of Medicine/ Tel Aviv University (2013)