We are committed to helping you prepare for your first office visit. You play a key role in your own healthcare by being an active participant. Our specialists welcome your questions and concerns, and will provide you with ample time to thoroughly discuss your condition and treatment options.
Preparation will help you get the most out of your office visit. Please read the following information to make your first visit to our office as easy as possible.
- Your initial visit will last approximately one hour. The examination is very similar to a routine gynecological exam. Please feel free to have someone accompany you to our office.
- The physician will request a urine specimen at the time of your visit to run a urine analysis and urine cytology. This is a routine test that is done with every new patient to screen for urinary infections and bladder cancer. Your insurance company will be billed for this test.
- Please bring a list of your current medications. Or, if you wish, you may put all your medications in a bag to bring with you.
- If you are using a pessary, please remove it three days before your appointment and bring it with you.
- Since we are an active teaching facility, it is not unusual to have residents, fellows, and other practicing physicians present in the office and the operating room.
Click on the links below to download the medical history questionnaire and three urinary incontinence questionnaires. Please print these forms out, complete them at home, and bring them to the office on the day of your appointment.