Our faculty and staff are uncompromising in their commitment to the welfare of children and adolescents. One of two major pediatric centers in Connecticut, we offer an extensive range of services for patients and physicians through our 14 specialties. In addition, we have several interdisciplinary centers and programs that involve collaborations with multiple departments throughout Yale Medicine and Yale New Haven Children’s Hospital. Thanks to our reputation for comprehensive pediatric care, we serve as a regional and national center for referral and consultation.
Many of our physicians are internationally recognized for their innovative approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of conditions, including arrhythmias, diabetes, pediatric cystic fibrosis, childhood cancers, juvenile diabetes, dyslexia, blood disorders, infectious diseases, and complications of premature birth, as well as many other disorders.
We are leaders in the global pediatric community, advocates for childhood health and development, and innovators in research. We rank among the top pediatric centers in the country with respect to National Institutes of Health support for research.
Our distinguishing features include:
- Neonatal and pediatric ICUs that serve patients with the highest level of care
- 24/7 subspecialty telephone consultation service for primary care clinicians with expected response time of three minutes
- More than 20 years of experience with neonatal and pediatric ECMO (heart lung machine)
- Convenient One-Call Center that provides centralized appointment scheduling for all specialties
- Close collaboration with other Yale departments to provide such services as molecular and genetic diagnostic services, state-of-the art management of high risk fetuses and newborns, bone marrow transplantation and management of complex malignancies
- Special collaboration with Connecticut Children's Medical Center in Hartford to manage all forms of congenital cardiac disease and perform all types of neonatal cardiac surgery for patients throughout the state