The physicians in our nationally ranked section are experts in diagnosing and managing a broad range of acute and chronic kidney diseases, both in the inpatient and outpatient settings. We offer around-the-clock primary care to patients with established renal disease or hypertension, and our physicians are readily available for consultation on newly referred patients. Our chronic kidney disease and end-stage renal disease programs are unique in Connecticut. Our rapidly expanding kidney transplant program is the largest in New England, with multidisciplinary care clinics.
Our section stands out by offering:
- A dedicated nephrology floor at Yale New Haven Hospital
- A large outpatient peritoneal dialysis practice and home hemodialysis practice noted for its scope and size
- Clinical trials on the cutting edge of polycystic kidney disease (PKD) that attract patients from surrounding areas and states.
- Weekend seminars for patients with PKD and inherited kidney disease
- Dedicated subspecialty services for inherited kidney diseases, hypertension, cardio-renal syndrome, onconephrology, and kidney disease in pregnancy